Waterfront Dental Education are proud to announce Dr Ian Cline is bringing his year long Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry Learning Programme to us.
Ian has presented numerous courses for the past 15 years to dentists both Nationally and Internationally (including recent trips to Russia, Ireland, Spain, Poland, Kuwait, Egypt). His experience is from teaching small hands-on masterclasses, to being a keynote speaker at international conferences.
He is very much a wet fingered dentist, and is a partner in a Central London Private Practice., here he carries out all manner of general and aesthetic dentistry. His main interests are in Minimally Invasive Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry, and Anterior and Posterior Direct Composite. He is a past President of the London Dental Study Club, and is a Guest Lecturer to the King’s College London MSc programmes in Fixed & Removal Prosthodontics. He has been a member of the International Jury Panel for the Global CeramX case contest for the past 4 years. He is an opinion leader and advisor to a number of dental companies and is the author of the Dentsply “how to guide” on simplifying posterior composite restorations. He is also founder of the website, photographyfordentists.com
This day will cover:
- Material selection, Feldspathic, Pressed, Empress, Emax, Celtra, Alumina or Zirconia? Which one? When? and Where?
- Core materials, Nayyer cores, Bulk-fil composites as a core material
- The use of sonic instrumentation & hand chisels for margin refinement
- Ceramic veneers: planning, preparation, cementation all in detail
- Prepless veneers vs Prepped veneers
- Verti-preps or Conventional prep
- Veneer cementation in detail
- APR/APT method for ensuring minimal tooth preparation
- Modern concepts in post/core design & placement
- The Importance of the “Ferrule Effect”
PRACTICAL/ HANDS-ON ELEMENTS
- Tooth preparation for all ceramic veneers, crowns, and onlays.
- Use of the 1:5 Speed Increasing Electric Handpiece
- “Two-handed” tooth preparation