Due to popular demand, Waterfront Dental is delighted to welcome back Dr Ollie Bailey for another contemporary hands on composite course, covering both anterior and posterior restorations, with tips and tricks including personalised feedback.
Posterior composites includes bonding, rubber dam isolation, sectional matrix bands and overcoming common problems, bulk-fills and a step by step protocol to predictably managing sub-gingival margins.
Anterior composites will cover the use of single shade and layering techniques, techniques for diastema closure and the whitening interface, with a predictable approach to finishing and polishing.
Learning Outcomes – Anterior
- Have an overview of the current evidence base for direct anterior restorations.
- Have an overview of sequential strategies for minimally invasive management of aesthetic concerns.
- Understand the most important parameters for successful anterior composite restorations.
- Understand the bleaching – composite interface.
- Understand how to avoid and manage common pitfalls when whitening teeth.
- Understand a quick and simplified technique to whiten discoloured, non-vital anterior teeth.
- Describe different ways to close diastemas.
- Demonstrate predictable placement and finishing techniques for anterior composite restorations (including aesthetic layering and monoshade).
Learning Outcomes – Posterior
- Understand the available resin bonding systems.
- Have an overview of the current evidence base for direct posterior restorations.
- Demonstrate predictable placement and finishing techniques for posterior composite restorations, including layering, use of bulk-fill composites and injection moulding techniques.
- Understand how to simply and predictably manage sub-gingival posterior composites.
This course meets GDC development outcome;
C (Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill)
CPD – 12 hours verifiable (6 hours per day)
With only limited availability, book early to avoid disappointment.